Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Wild Animals Taken Out Of The Wild

I have always wanted to have a pet monkey. My sister always wanted to have a baby kangaroo. I am pretty sure it wouldn't be horribly wrong to assume that when we are young all of us have dreamt of having an exotic pet as an animal. I was assured multiple times by my parents that people don't have these kind of animals as pets because they belong in the wild. They are, of course, animalistic and would always have the basic instinct of an animal. I accepted this because it made sense and we got a family dog.






This logic, however, has not registered with families across America. National Geographic has just come out with a piece looking into homes that have a wild animal as a pet.






One family has a deer that actually has its own room in the house. Another house raised a monkey since 1980. The animals range even further into really dangerous situations with one house having a  cougar and another raising a python.






The piece has obviously caused some controversy about the respect for the animals and their place in the wild. I have to agree with this because they are wild animals. When the majority of a species is not domesticated I do not think it is right for certain ones to be taken out of the wild.


I have included some pictures from the piece and encourage you all to look into it further seeing as there are many arguable ideas that have come up.







No comments:

Post a Comment