Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Pandora Without Commercials?!



It never fails. You are driving in your car listening to a Pandora station that is consistently feeding you the perfect songs when the current song comes to an end. You can't wait to see what song will qualify within the metrics Pandora has set, upon your request, and play next when a commercial comes on. Some annoying voice is blaring through your speakers telling you to get your prescriptions through Walgreens. It's a horrible occurrence that one company has an answer to.


Samsung has just announced its creation of Milk Music. Milk Music is an ad-free radio service with a library of over 13 million songs. That's right, ad-free!!! Another characteristic of Milk Music that is sure to excite the music lover is that you don't have to sign up through Facebook or create an account to have access to the service.


This seems too good to be true, doesn't it? Well it might very well be for some. Milk Music is only offered through the Google Play store if you have a Galaxy smartphone or tablet.


As a Pandora and IPhone user this fact was not easy to accept. This is just another reason Samsung and the Galaxy brand keep giving Apple a run for their money.


Samsung has not dismissed whether it would be offering the service to non-Galaxy phones in the future or not. I, as well as all of you ITunes Radio, Pandora, and Spotify users I'm guessing , pray it will be in my near future. If not, my curiosity of changing to a Samsung phone might just get the better of me.



2 comments:

  1. Every time I shatter an IPhone screen, I am always so tempted to switch to the Samsung brand. However, I never follow through with the temptations. These days it seems like everything is geared toward the IPhone, so I am very skeptical of switching. It is interesting to see that Samsung is now offering this attractive and exclusive service. Who knows, with moves like these, Samsung could be on track to becoming the next Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome because I HATE the annoying commercials but I'm not willing to pay for the Pandora app that is commercial free. I don't have an iPhone but I'm up for an upgrade soon and Samsung is looking better and better!

    ReplyDelete